LUCC was set up as the coordinating organisation for the cancer area at Lund University by the Board of the Faculty of Medicine on October 24th 2018 and started on January 1st 2019.
LUCC supports Lund University and Skåne University Hospital managements in strategic decisions in the cancer field and coordinate different initiatives and activities. LUCC also serves as a contact point and strives to strengthen the cancer field at different levels.
- LUCC was funded by BioCARE - a strategic research area in cancer at Lund University and University of Gothenburg - during the start-up phase (2019)
- Faculty of Medicine, Lund University (2021, 2022, 2023)
- ALF - “Regional agreement between Lund University and Region Skåne concerning cooperation in undergraduate medical education, clinical research and development of health care services” (2021, 2022, 2023)
- "Maja och Erik Lindqvists forskningsstiftelse" (2018)
- "John och Augusta Perssons stiftelse för vetenskaplig medicinsk forskning" (2019, 2021, 2022)