Inauguration of Lund University Cancer Centre 4 February 2020
The event was opened by the Dean of Faculty of Medicine, Erik Renström, who is the Chair of the Board of LUCC. The LUCC organisation and its strategic plan for 2020-2024 was presented by the LUCC Coordinator, Kristian Pietras and followed by presentations from the resepective head(s) of the 12 LUCC translational strategic networks (diagnosis, technology, or process-oriented).
1. Breast (Lao Saal / Ana Bosch-Campos)
2. Blood, lymphoma & myeloma (Anna Hagström / Stefan Scheding)
3. Pediatric malignancies (Daniel Bexell / Kees-Jan Pronk)
4. Kidney, bladder & urinary tract and prostate (Håkan Axelson / Fredrik Liedberg)
5. Brain, spinal cord & pituitary (Alexander Pietras / Mattias Belting)
6. Skin (Göran B Jönsson / Karolin Isaksson)
7. Lung and head & neck (Johan Staaf / Maria Planck)
8. Gastrointestinal (Leena Liljedahl / Daniel Ansari)
9. Omics, bioinformatics and diagnostics (Kajsa Paulsson / Emma Nimeus)
10. Imaging& nuclear medicine/radiology (Ramin Massoumi / Sophia Zackrisson)
11. Immunology, tumour microenvironment & metastasis (Chris Madsen / Malin Lindstedt)
12. Clinical trials & drug development (Marcus Järås / Ana Carneiro)
Lund University Cancer Centre (LUCC) will strengthen and integrate cancer research at Lund University (LU) in a national and international context by enabling a quality-enhancing coalition of stakeholders. LUCC is hosted by the Faculty of Medicine but serves to integrate and strategically plan cancer research and education from all faculties at LU as well as activities within Region Skåne.